PDA

View Full Version : New TeamSpeak Server (+ Closing the Ventrilo Server)

Phoenix
03-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Hello everyone,

MyHouseHasWheels and I purchased a TeamSpeak 3 server for the clan today. It is 25-slots and we can upgrade it if it gets busy. Come check it out! I think you will find the voice quality is much better than Ventrilo. When people talk it is a lot less choppy.

Download TeamSpeak 3: http://teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Clan IA TeamSpeak IP: ts.clania.net:4465

The server currently has 4 ranks: Admin (A), Member (IA), Friend (F), and Guest ( ). Log on and ask an admin to set your rank for you. You will not need to create a password like you did in Ventrilo. With TeamSpeak the program scans your hardware and creates a hash, so whenever you are on that computer the server will recognize you.

I started with some basic channels: Server Lobby, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, League of Legends, Minecraft, Battlefield 3, Leadership Lounge, and Away From Keyboard. If you have any requests for specific channels or games, post in this thread and we'll consider creating a channel for you.

I hope you guys like the new server. Please use the TeamSpeak instead of the Ventrilo. We'll be closing the Ventrilo server in a couple of months after everybody gets used to the TeamSpeak. If you'd like to help us out with our Ventrilo and TeamSpeak payments, you can visit the Donations Page (http://www.clania.net/forum/showthread.php?32-Donate-to-IA).

Thanks guys.

Valsis
03-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Finally something I can use... Ventrilo was kind of a pain, bit messy and all.

TS is fairly clean and simple to use, I see no reason for people to don't get used to it... after all I'm the woman here, I should be the one over complicating things *sticks tongue out*

THANK YOU!

Wrench
03-19-2014, 03:53 AM
Hell yes, great news.

TS is loads better just for not having a delay that Vent has. Have died so many times because of it..

DarkHelmet
03-19-2014, 07:26 AM
I'll get around to downloading it when I have the time. Will also mean I have to uninstall Vent too lol.

Wrench
03-19-2014, 09:44 AM
How many times did you use vent, a dozen times? Lol

I know Zombie will be very happy, today is my Friday so I'll be on most of the night :)

Dege1234
03-19-2014, 04:31 PM
yay :)

Terakahn
03-21-2014, 10:58 PM
I've never experienced a delay on vent, but regardless. Both seem fairly simple to use, I dont think it matters much either way. Though I have experienced better quality on vent in the past, it's why everyone I knew switched over. At least to my recollection.

In any case, hurrah for the new server. You dont have to sit in the afk channel. ;)

Phoenix
03-22-2014, 03:44 AM
But it's so much fun to sit in the AFK channel. :)

Wrench
03-22-2014, 05:17 AM
I've never experienced a delay on vent, but regardless. Both seem fairly simple to use, I dont think it matters much either way. Though I have experienced better quality on vent in the past, it's why everyone I knew switched over. At least to my recollection.

In any case, hurrah for the new server. You dont have to sit in the afk channel. ;)

Always been a few seconds of a delay on Vent. Might not notice it just talking but playing a FPS it's very noticeable. TS is alot more clear on the voice front as well, vent seems to add I n alot of bass.

Terakahn
03-22-2014, 10:29 PM
Well when I was raiding on WoW, a few seconds was the difference between wiping and success. So I'd say it matters, and I never had that problem. I think Teamspeak has changed. Because when I used it last, was a couple years ago at least. And things looked way way different. And quality was extremely low compared to what I experienced with Valsis and company the other night.

Wrench
03-23-2014, 03:57 AM
Phoenix you should make a post in the news section on this so the homepage just an update. Make it look like where still alive.

Phoenix
03-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Good idea. I'll move this to the News forum.

Akari
07-12-2014, 11:46 AM
soo uuumm.. i go to connections and put in the IP you gave, but it wont connect. sad day

Akari
07-24-2014, 10:41 PM
im an idiot. got it to work the other day